Customer journey mapping is an essential piece of the puzzle when it comes to understanding and improving the customer experience.
Overall, customer journey maps can help marketers understand what actions they need to take to help customers progress in the customer journey and what key messages they should be looking to deliver.
The purpose of this guide is to provide an overview of customer journey mapping and a simple starting point for anyone yet to map out their customer journeys.
Econsultancy and the author would like to thank the following people for their contributions to this report:
- Kelly Autenrieth, VP of Global Customer Experience, Brandwatch
- Chris Donnelly, Founder and CEO, Verb Brands
- Jake Hird, VP Strategy, Asia Pacific, Merkle
- Karl Brown, Head of Customer Experience, Direct Line Group
- Evi Malisianou, Head of User Experience Research, Brandwatch
- Dr Janne Ohtonen, Group Director of Customer Experience Technology, TUI
- Aliza Pollack, brand strategy and user research consultant
- Adam Powers, Chief Experience Officer, Tribal Worldwide
- Yana Sanko, CX Lead Consultant, UXPressia
- Lucy Walker, Audience Director, eight&four
- Matthew Webster, Senior Customer Experience Manager, Virgin Atlantic
Thanks also to the following experts who shared their customer journey mapping insights at Festival of Marketing 2019:
- Jerry Daykin, EMEA Media Director, GSK
- Jo Jackson, Chief Creative Officer, MADE.com
- Louise Kristensen, EMEA Digital Commerce Lead, GSK