Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
The Customer Lifetime Value: Building Loyalty and Driving Revenue in the Digital Age report, published by Econsultancy in partnership with Sitecore, outlines a number of trends that are hindering the ability of companies to measure and increase CLV, as well as seeking to understand specific issues and opportunities relating to a range of business sectors and across the worlds of both B2B and B2C.
Customer lifetime value (CLV) is the total worth of a customer to a business over the entirety of the relationship. Executives universally agree that growing CLV is essential to the health of their organisation and key success metric, as something related to but distinct from customer loyalty which is not as tangibly linked to revenue growth.
The research is based on a survey of marketers and interviews with senior executives across a range of business sectors.
About the report
The 58-page report contains everything you need to know about customer lifetime value, including sections on tactics and strategies that can be used to improve CLV, as well as challenges, opportunities, sector benchmarking across three key dimensions (perceived customer loyalty, propensity to switch and ease of switching) and B2C/B2B comparisons. The methodology involved three main phases:
Phase 1: Desk research to identify relevant issues, examples and models.
Phase 2: A series of in-depth interviews with senior executives from a range of businesses, including British Airways, Aviva, Merlin Entertainment. First Direct, Nectar, the Guardian, Santander and Holmes Place.
Phase 3: An online survey of almost 900 marketers and agency professionals.
Table of contents
- Executive Summary and Highlights
- Methodology and Sample
- Defining, Identifying and Measuring Lifetime Customers
- Measuring customer lifetime value
- When is value not a value?
- What Tactics and Strategies Improve CLV?
- The loyalty paradox
- Pricing strategy
- Targeting the influencers
- Breaking the silos
- CLV grows from CX, whatever the product
- Understanding the digital customer
- Digital Action Plan
- Customer service and taking customer experience offline
- Benchmarking CLV by Sector
- Charities, Government and NGOs
- Consumer Goods
- Financial Services
- Healthcare & Pharma
- Professional Services
- Technology, Media & Telecoms
- Travel & Leisure
- Section summary
- Appendix 1: B2C vs B2B
- Appendix 2: Respondent Profiles
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- SAMPLE: Customer Lifetime Value: Building Loyalty and Driving Revenue in the Digital Age (854 KB PDF)
- Customer Lifetime Value: Building Loyalty and Driving Revenue in the Digital Age (1.78 MB PDF)
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification **HRDF Claimable** - Malaysia
- Online Merchandising
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification - Singapore
- Online Copywriting Workshop - Singapore
- Masterclass in Lead Generation - Singapore