Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
About this report
Data Driven Culture - A global survey on the state of data driven culture within startups
The Data Driven Culture report is based on a survey of over 360 business professionals globally, carried out in association with Geckoboard in February 2013. It is aimed at professionals working in the startup community and is designed to offer insights on how startups are dealing with an ever growing influx of data, and identifies the key challenges faced when building organisations that embrace data.
The report explores the general attitude of startups towards metrics and data communication. It offers an overview on:
- How startups are gathering, analysing and communicating data
- How much time and resources are spent on analytics
- The challenges that are involved in building a data driven culture and monitoring the right metrics
- Data visibility and its impact on decision making
Highlights from the findings include:
- The vast majority of respondents identified themselves as data driven businesses.
- Intuition is still highly valued in decision-making, with only 27% of respondents believing that data is crucial when it comes to decision-making.
- There is a marked lack of confidence around data and metrics, with almost half of the respondents not confident about the metrics they are currently monitoring.
- Data-collecting doesn't mean data-informed, and data-informed doesn't mean data-acting. 59% of respondents do not have processes in place in their organisations to ensure that data is understood and acted upon.
Table of contents
- Executive Summary
- Foreword by Geckoboard
- About Econsultancy
- About Geckoboard
- Respondent profiles
- Data driven culture
- Data collection
- Data communication
- Decision making
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- SAMPLE: Data Driven Culture (642 KB PDF)
- Data Driven Culture (617 KB PDF)
- Data Driven Culture Survey Data (44.9 KB Microsoft Excel)
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification **HRDF Claimable** - Malaysia
- Social Media & Online PR
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing
- Google Analytics Advanced - Optimising your Site
- Digital Marketing Measurement and Analytics - Singapore