Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
The Digital Content Strategy Best Practice Guide is based on a series of in-depth interviews with a range of senior digital and non-digital marketers, content leads, heads of UX, and content strategists.
Written by experienced blogger, writer and consultant Neil Perkin, the report aims to identify best practice approaches, techniques, challenges and opportunities around digital content strategy.
About the report
The research was designed to look into the common issues, themes and challenges associated with digital content strategies. The methodology involved two main phases:
- Phase 1: desk research to identify relevant issues, examples and models.
- Phase 2: a series of in-depth interviews with a range of senior digital and non-digital marketers, content leads, heads of UX, and content strategists. Interviewees for the research covered sectors as diverse as public sector, NGO, FMCG, financial services and media.
Content strategy consulting
Content is the glue that holds together an organisation's commerce, communications and community. Econsultancy has worked with some of the biggest global brands to:
- Implement our proprietary frameworks to inform content strategy
- Review metrics, production and distribution channels
- Be an independent third party to assist in supplier selection projects
Talk to us about an initial, no-cost consultation.
Contact our Client Services Team on email@example.com or call
- EMEA: +44 (0)20 7269 1450
- APAC: +65 6809 2088
- Americas: +1 212 971-0630
Table of contents
- Executive Summary
- Research Aim and Methodology
- About Econsultancy
- About the author
- Defining Content Strategy
- What is content strategy?
- What is a content strategist?
- A broad framework for content strategy
- Resourcing and Capability
- Resourcing for content
- The growing importance of content marketing
- Insourcing and outsourcing
- Specialist and generalist resource
- Organisational co-ordination of content
- Is the chief content officer a thing?
- The content centre of excellence
- Content talent, and the ‘pi-shaped’ content person
- Content Planning
- The planning process
- Scheduling and content calendars
- Planning models and frameworks
- Challenges and Opportunities
- Global, regional, local
- Establishing the value of content
- References and Further Reading
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- SAMPLE: Digital Content Strategy Best Practice Guide (1.31 MB PDF)
- Digital Content Strategy Best Practice Guide (1.42 MB PDF)