Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
In association with Adobe
The 2017 Digital Trends in Retail report explores the effects of digital disruption in the sector, providing guidance to organizations that want to stay ahead of the curve.
It highlights the key digital trends, challenges and opportunities which retailers need to be aware of during 2017, covering topics ranging from customer experience and mobile to data-driven marketing and personalization.
The research, conducted by Econsultancy in partnershop Adobe, is based on a sample of almost 500 retail respondents who were among more than 14,000 digital professionals taking part in the seventh annual Digital Trends survey, carried out in November and December 2016.
The following sections are featured in the report:
- Digital maturity in retail: marketing and beyond
- Increased availability of data fuels personalization
- Focus on mobile continues to bear fruit
- 2020 vision – a technology-driven future with a human touch
- Actionable tips to help future-proof your retail business
- Asked about the extent to which digital permeates their marketing activities, 13% of retailers taking part in the survey describe themselves as 'digital-first' (slightly higher than the 10% average across other sectors).
- More than half (54%) of retailers say that the customer experience is their most important area of strategic focus, way ahead of cross-channel marketing (16%), data-driven marketing (14%), mobile (11%) and programmatic buying / optimization (4%).
- Mobile marketing is the area where retail companies are most likely to be increasing investment in the year ahead. Almost two-thirds (62%) of retail respondents say this part of the budget is going up in 2017.
- Mobile optimization is a top-three digital tactical priority for 23% of retailers, versus only 14% for non-retail respondents.
- Out of a range of technologies including artificial intelligence, voice interfaces, the Internet of Things and evolving payment mechanisms such as mobile wallets, 'engaging audiences through virtual or augmented reality' is seen as the single most exciting prospect for 2020.
Table of contents
- 1. Foreword by Adobe
- 2. Executive summary
- 3. Digital maturity in retail: marketing and beyond
- 4. Increased availability of data fuels personalisation
- 5. Focus on mobile continues to bear fruit
- 6. 2020 vision – a technology-driven future with a human touch
- 7. Actionable tips to help future-proof your retail business
- 8. Appendix: respondent profiles
1. Foreword by Adobe
2. Executive summary
3. Digital maturity in retail: marketing and beyond
4. Increased availability of data fuels personalisation
5. Focus on mobile continues to bear fruit
6. 2020 vision – a technology-driven future with a human touch
7. Actionable tips to help future-proof your retail business
8. Appendix: respondent profiles
- 2017 Digital Trends in Retail (2.05 MB PDF)
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification **HRDF Claimable** - Malaysia
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification - Singapore
- Online Merchandising
- Masterclass in Lead Generation - Singapore
- Mobile UX (User Experience) & Marketing