The Taking Advantage of the Mobile Opportunity report, produced by Econsultancy in association with Adobe, examines the extent to which marketers have embraced mobile marketing, and how organisations are approaching and implementing mobile strategies.
The third annual iteration of our mobile research – part of the Digital Intelligence Briefing series that Econsultancy publishes in partnership with Adobe – revealed that marketers recognise both the outsized role of mobile and the challenge of providing a great experience when there is no margin for error.
More than 4,000 marketers and digital professionals took part in this year’s survey, giving us a great glimpse into how organisations are approaching and implementing mobile strategies across all channels.
- The proportion of organisations describing themselves as ‘mobile-first’ has more than doubled in the last two years, with those based in North America leading the way.
- Companies are continuing to invest in their mobile capabilities, with 60% increasing their 2016 spending and only a tiny fraction moving away from their mobile investments.
- The average proportion of ecommerce revenues being transacted on mobile devices has increased by 75% since 2014, reaching 28% this year.
- Nearly three in five (57%) organisations are aware of the different technologies available to support their mobile strategies.
- Mobile is considered to be extremely important for customer experience – exceeding the importance of the desktop site.
Econsultancy’s Digital Intelligence Briefings, sponsored by Adobe, look at some of the most important trends affecting the marketing landscape.