About the careers guide
This guide aims to provide constructive advice to UK-based senior digital professionals and those aspiring to such roles. Contained within this guide:
- The key challenges for digital leaders, including how to identify what you want from your career and the different points to consider when advancing your career.
- A discussion of digital leader roles, including examples from both the client and agency side and advice on working in either a freelance or consultancy role.
- The skills required to be a leader, including practical examples of when these skills were used well and not so well.
- Looking ahead for your career, featuring advice on improving your skills and experience.
- Our Recruiter and Executive Search Directory, providing 14 companies who could help you secure the job you want.
- The digital salary survey, provided by Cogs Agency, which can give you an indication of what you could be worth.
We also feature expert advice from 17 current digital leaders throughout the guide on what they have done in their careers.
Table of contents
- About Econsultancy
- About the Author
- The key challenges for digital leaders
- Knowing what you want
- Your job title
- Finding the right employer
- Setting clear expectations with recruiters
- Tapping into the informal recruitment process
- Generalism vs specialism
- Conservatism v innovation
- Embracing failure
- Building relationships
- Sliding doors – the other side of the fence
- Digital leader roles
- Client side
- Digital agencies and technology service providers
- Handling the move from operational to consulting
- What skills do you need to be a leader?
- Commercial awareness and strategic vision
- Clear communication
- Becoming an influencer
- Providing leadership
- Resource management and prioritisation
- Conflict management
- React and adapt
- Other key attributes
- Looking ahead
- Improving your skills and experience
- Taking the next steps
- Recruiter and Executive Search Directory
- Bearing Partnership
- Beringer Tame
- The Blueprint
- Cogs Agency
- Cranberry Panda
- DNA | Dynamic New Alliances
- Just Digital
- Propel Executive
- Puregenie Digital Recruitment
- Quest Search and Selection
- Rubicon People
- Taylor Made Recruitment
- Salary Survey – Provided by Cogs Agency
- Sales and Marketing
- Client Services
- Project Management / Producers
- User Experience
- Brands / Clientside
Download a copy of the report to find out more.
The careers guide is free to download to all registered members. Registration takes only a few moments, and our Bronze membership level is free.
Further reports from Econsultancy
The careers guide is just one of many free reports available for all registered members of Econsultancy. Or, become a paid member today to gain access to our entire collection of industry leading reports.