Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
About the careers guide
This guide aims to provide constructive advice for students and graduates looking to enter the digital marketing and e-commerce industries. This guide provides information on:
- What digital marketing and e-commerce is
- What digital marketers do and why you should consider joining them
- The different jobs available in digital marketing
- How to prepare for your job hunt and land your first job
- How to manage your career once you get started
- What further resources you can consult to find out more about digital marketing
We also feature expert advice from companies within the industry on what they look for in students and graduates.
Table of contents
- Who this guide is for
- About Econsultancy
- About digital marketing and e-commerce
- The definition of digital marketing and e-commerce
- What do digital marketers do?
- Reasons to consider a career in digital marketing and e-commerce
- Where to work in digital marketing
- Client-side, Agency, or Vendor
- Digital disciplines
- Preparing for a job in digital marketing or e-commerce
- Organise your time effectively
- Find out what you want
- Assess your current skills and experience
- Improve your skills and experience
- Develop a passion and interest for digital
- Nurture a suitable online presence
- Finding and getting the job you want
- The importance of research
- Where to look for the job you want
- Graduate schemes
- Direct to companies
- Recruitment agencies
- Job boards
- Applying for and securing the job
- Writing an effective CV and covering letter
- Preparing for interview
- Managing your career
- Keep a record of your achievements
- Create a career development plan
- Identify what roles you might like to do in the future
- Look at the requirements for those roles
- Assess your current position
- Create a plan for gaining the skills and experience required
- If required, get support for your plan
Further reports from Econsultancy
The careers guide is just one of many free reports available for all registered members of Econsultancy. Or, become a paid member today to gain access to our entire collection of industry leading reports.
- Digital Marketing and E-commerce Careers Guide (781 KB PDF)
- Fast Track Digital Marketing - Malaysia
- Fast Track Digital Marketing - Singapore
- Social Media and Online PR - Singapore
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification **HRDF Claimable** - Malaysia
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification - Singapore