The Digital Marketing in the Telecom Sector report, produced by Econsultancy in partnership with Adobe, explores how companies operating in the telecom sector approach digital marketing, as well as the key trends, opportunities and sector-specific issues shaping their digital strategies.
The research is based on a global survey of more than 200 telecom executives based mainly in North America and EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
Where there are interesting differences, we have compared the findings for the US and for EMEA. Where possible, we have also compared the responses of telecom responses with aggregated data across all sectors collected for other Econsultancy reports.
You’ll discover data around
- Key business priorities in telecom
- Digital marketing and technology – where companies are focusing
- Opportunities and budget plans for the next 12 months
- Obstacles to integrated marketing
- Digital marketing is a strategic priority for the telecom sector, with an average of 46% of total marketing budgets being assigned to digital.
- Telecom marketers are twice as likely as other companies to view big data as an exciting opportunity for the next 12 months.
- The vast majority of telecom companies (73%) say their marketing activities are integrated to some extent, with only 5% saying that there’s very little or no integration.
- Two in five (44%) say the ability to utilise technology to its full extent is a key challenge, while another 31% see it as an issue.
- Despite a large investment in mobile, almost a third (30%) of companies operate with mobile marketing as a separate team.
Table of contents
- About this Report
- Executive Summary
- Foreword by Adobe
- Key Business Priorities in Telecom
- Digital Marketing and Tech – Where Companies are Focusing
- Budget Plans for the Next 12 Months
- The Land of Opportunity: Data, Customer Experience and Mobile
- Steps and Hurdles to a Better Customer Experience
- The Skills Gap – Making Tech Sing
- Obstacles to Integrated Marketing
- Opportunity Deep Dive – Gearing up for Mobile
- Appendix: Respondent Profiles
- Job role
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.