The Digital Marketing: Organisational Structures and Resourcing Best Practice Guide is an update on the previous iterations of this research (2011 and 2013), and is based on interviews with senior employees at companies across a range of business sectors, as well as an online survey of senior digital professionals within Econsultancy’s user base.
Written by experienced blogger, writer and consultant Neil Perkin, the report makes best practice recommendations designed to help you respond to the challenges faced by managers and organisations when structuring digital marketing capability.
The research was designed to provide an overview of the common issues, themes and challenges associated with digital resourcing and structures, but also to assess whether conclusions arrived at in the first two iterations of the research are still valid and how marketers’ responses to these challenges have evolved.
The report aims to pull together findings from our new research, and also provide some updated recommendations on approaches to and opportunities within digital resourcing and structures.
The methodology involved three main phases:
- Phase 1: A series of in-depth interviews (15 interviews in total) with a range of senior digital and non-digital marketers and ecommerce leads across different sectors and markets. This was to provide insight into key themes, challenges and opportunities in structuring and resourcing digital marketing.
- Phase 2: Desk research to identify relevant issues, examples and models.
- Phase 3: An online survey (439 respondents) of relevant senior staff across a range of organisations and sectors, designed to better quantify feedback.
The report contains everything you need to know about digital resourcing and structures, including sections on budgeting, skills and training, resourcing and opportunities for the future.
This research is part of a series of reports Econsultancy is producing on the topic of digital transformation.
Digital is changing faster and more profoundly than anyone could have predicted. Doing what you’ve always done is no longer an option.
The specialist digital transformation practice within Econsultancy helps companies accelerate their journeys to digital excellence. We address the four vectors of change:
- Your strategy – where should you be going with digital?
- Your people – what teams, talent and skills do you need to get there?
- Your processes – how should you change the way you work?
- Your technologies – what platforms, software and data strategy will serve you best?
Talk to us about an initial, no-cost consultation. We’ll discuss your toughest challenges, outline our methodology and come back with a proposal.
Contact our Digital Transformation Team on email@example.com or call
- EMEA: +44 (0)20 7269 1450
- Americas: +1 212 971 0630
- APAC: +65 6653 1911