Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This report, produced in association with United Studios, is aimed at agencies who are interested in the business case and challenges associated with outsourcing digital work.
The survey is similar to the Digital Outsourcing Survey carried out in 2008, and shows trends in outsourcing over this time.
The research is based on a survey of 132 senior UK digital respondents carried out by Econsultancy in July and August 2012.
The report findings include the profile of participating agencies, type of digital work undertaken and outsourced, skills and services required, use of freelancers and agencies, white-labelling, and day rates paid for services in the UK and overseas.
Highlights from the findings include:
- Outsourcing is practised by over half (57%) of the agencies that participated in the survey.
- The most likely area to be outsourced is technical work (66%).
- The most required production skill is Flash design and build, with 97% of respondents requiring this skill.
- The most commonly outsourced service is mobile applications at 64%.
- The service paid most for in the UK is Microsoft.NET programming, at an average of £640 per day.
- SAMPLE: Digital Outsourcing Survey Report (531 KB PDF)
- Digital Outsourcing Survey Report (999 KB PDF)