Digital publishers are feeling the pain. They’re facing formidable challenges in the form of ad blockers, emerging news delivery platforms, commoditized ad inventory and diminishing CPMs. This report, in association with Signal, explores the capabilities and processes that are vital to creating a better world for consumers, advertisers and publishers.
This report is based on findings from an online survey fielded in August and September of 2015. The research reveals that first and foremost, publishers need to tackle a number of obstacles, including lack of cross-device visitor recognition, sluggish data processing, technology fragmentation and lack of scale. The research also reveals opportunities for publishers. The emergence of true real-time technologies can offer the opportunity to achieve sustained growth with a model built on value instead of volume.
You’ll learn about:
- The CPM premiums of targeting capabilities
- The challenges around mobile display
- The current state of ad blocking and its impact on publishers
- The keys for independent publishers to compete with Google and Facebook
- Where publishers are investing over the next 12-24 months
You can view a webinar where report author and VP Research at Econsultancy, Stefan Tornquist, and Kathy Menis, SVP Marketing at Signal, discuss the findings of the report here.
Download the report to learn more.