Digital Shift, a quarterly service from Econsultancy exclusively for Enterprise subscribers, is intended as a guide to support strategic thinking.
Focused tightly on digital technologies, marketing and ecommerce, it’s about delivering actionable insight on trends that will be significant in the short to mid-term, and which can be used to generate new ideas, improve business performance and stay ahead of the competition.
The eighth report in this series, also available as a presentation and webinar recording (see below), explores the most notable developments impacting digital marketing this quarter. The critical shifts are summarised below:
- Growing complexity in marketing technology and how marketers are managing it.
- How Facebook is piecing together a giant ad tech jigsaw to ensure it develops as an ad tech juggernaut.
- Can computer programmes really judge personality and emotion, and what will this mean for marketers?
- Are the current efforts to finally piece together offline and online metrics a glimpse at the future of measurement?
- With the launch of Facebook at Work and a raft of new enterprise productivity tools is the workplace the new tech giant battleground?
- The future of apps – unbundling, re-integration, deep-linking and the ‘thin internet’.
- Some key trends from CES, including ‘Connected Everything’ and the next industry that this will disrupt.
- What happens when two long-term trends – the quantified self and the Internet of Things – collide?
- Virtual reality – overhyped or at the tipping point? Ad innovation from a new and unexpected source.