Digital Shift, a quarterly service from Econsultancy exclusively for Enterprise subscribers, is intended as a guide to support strategic thinking.
Focused tightly on digital technologies, marketing and ecommerce, it’s about delivering actionable insight on trends that will be significant in the short to mid-term, and which can be used to generate new ideas, improve business performance and stay ahead of the competition.
The ninth report in this series, also available as a presentation and webinar recording (see below), explores the most notable developments impacting digital marketing this quarter. The critical shifts are summarised below:
- Some revealing data from new Econsultancy reports looking at latest trends in digital marketing focus and spend.
- A disruptive potential competitor – the full-stack startup – and possibly the best recruitment decision you can make: the full-stack employee.
- New social ad formats, and an intriguing example of ‘hacking’ social media.
- Are messaging apps the new platforms? And the big new commerce opportunity?
- New developments in digital security and online identity.
- The future of video – long-form, short-form, clickable and maybe even spherical.
- A fascinating look into what we can learn from the future strategy of Buzzfeed.
- Are we on the cusp of solving one of the biggest issues that has dogged digital advertising?
- Finally, a look at some interesting moves in the field of data-driven and programmatic display advertising.
Download a copy of the report to learn more.