Digital Shift, a quarterly service from Econsultancy exclusively for Enterprise subscribers, is intended as a guide to support strategic thinking.
Focused tightly on digital technologies, marketing and ecommerce, it’s about delivering actionable insight on trends that will be significant in the short to mid-term, and which can be used to generate new ideas, improve business performance and stay ahead of the competition.
The latest report in this series, also available as a presentation and webinar recording (see below), explores the most notable developments impacting digital marketing this quarter. The critical shifts are summarised below:
- Ever increasing marketing complexity: we analyse the findings of Scott Brinker’s latest large scale survey into the marketing technology landscape and how marketers are responding to increasing complexity
- Where GAFA make their money: we know they make a lot of it – but how do revenue sources compare across the big technology players?
- An unbeatable competitor?: Amazon are building an unassailable position in many markets, and regularly innovating their way into new ones, but what is the real secret of their success?
- Blockchain and advertising: Blockchain technologies have been hyped for a while but they are now gaining real momentum. Might they also be the saviour of digital advertising?
- Facebook and ethics: now that Facebook has passed 2 billion users the company has a serious responsibility to police the ethics of its platform. How is its mission changing in response?
- Latest retail innovation: including Alibaba and AI, ubiquitous dynamic pricing and everything as a service
- And finally…is this the simplest, most useful application for AR?