Digital Shift, a quarterly service from Econsultancy exclusively for Enterprise subscribers, is intended as a guide to support strategic thinking.
Focused tightly on digital technologies, marketing and ecommerce, it’s about delivering actionable insight on trends that will be significant in the short to mid-term, and which can be used to generate new ideas, improve business performance and stay ahead of the competition.
The eleventh report in this series, also available as a presentation and webinar recording (see below), explores the most notable developments impacting digital marketing this quarter. The critical shifts are summarised below:
- The future of mobile advertising – how search is becoming ever more important, not only in mobile advertising but also content navigation.
- New targeting tools and a potential ‘home run’ from Twitter that could lead to some excellent new marketing opportunities.
- The increasing use of data feeds and APIs to dynamically update advertising messages and creative in real time.
- The disappearing mobile homescreen, and the growing dominance of operating systems and the notification layer in mobile content.
- The deployment of new technologies to create immersive retail experiences, including the role of virtual reality in the travel sector, 3D body scanning in fashion and in-store tracking for retailers.
- Self-driving cars – there’s been much hype, but what are the real implications for this radical new technology?
- The future of agencies – brand new research from Econsultancy and Adobe shows a growing convergence of capability from different types of agencies, around customer experience. What are the implications for clients and what are the exciting new ways of engaging with agencies?
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
The hour-long webinar recording features input from Ashley Friedlein, President, Centaur Marketing & Founder, Econsultancy and Neil Perkin, Consultant and Founder of Only Dead Fish.