Digital Shift, a quarterly service from Econsultancy, is intended as a guide to support strategic thinking.
Focused tightly on digital technologies, marketing and ecommerce, it’s about delivering actionable insight on trends that will be significant in the short to mid-term, and which can be used to generate new ideas, improve business performance and stay ahead of the competition.
The Q2 2016 report explores the most notable developments impacting digital marketing this quarter. The critical shifts are summarised below:
- Near-term marketing trends. Econsultancy’s research into near-term digital trends reveals an increasing focus on personalisation, attribution and content optimisation as part of the all-encompassing focus on customer experience.
- Growing complexity or simplicity in martech? With apparent growing complexity in the marketing technology landscape, we look at a useful classification of martech and whether the concept of a joined-up martech stack might actually become easier to put together.
- Algorithms and artificial intelligence (AI). Algorithms are more important than ever for marketers, and likely to become even more so. We look at the implications of increasing algorithmic curation, and some concepts that speak to how algorithms and AI are making real leaps forward in capability.
- Chatbots and AI. Suddenly, everyone is talking about chatbots. We consider their role in marketing, their likely future, and some interesting examples of brands already taking steps into the world of chatbots.
- Conversational commerce. With a growing focus on conversational interfaces, what could this mean for the future of retail and commerce? Could it actually mean a reinvention of traditional forms of UX, new skills, but also entirely new opportunities for brands looking for new commerce opportunities?
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
You can access the previous Digital Shift report (Q1 2016) here.