Digital Shift, a quarterly service from Econsultancy exclusively for Enterprise subscribers, is intended as a guide to support strategic thinking.
Focused tightly on digital technologies, marketing and ecommerce, it’s about delivering actionable insight on trends that will be significant in the short to mid-term, and which can be used to generate new ideas, improve business performance and stay ahead of the competition.
The latest report in this series, also available as a presentation and webinar recording (see below), explores the most notable developments impacting digital marketing this quarter. The critical shifts are summarised below:
- The future of voice: This year’s CES trade show highlighted the growing convergence of screens and voice. We take a closer look at the future of voice interaction.
- How Amazon makes money: Jeff Bezos is now famously the richest person in the world but how does Amazon make money? It is perhaps a bit more nuanced than you might expect.
- AI, mobile and AR: AR remains on the cusp of the mainstream but we are still seeing plenty of experimentation. We look at the latest examples and at how people are currently using AI on their phones.
- Google and AI: Google have gone big on AI, announcing last year that their strategy would be ‘AI-first’. We look at how the company might democratise AI capability and what this could mean for organisations looking to step change their AI capability.
- Data mining: Great examples of innovation and creativity from mining user behaviour patterns have emerged recently – we consider how data mining is informing campaigns, content and creativity.
- Agile transformation: We analyse one of the best examples of a business applying agile transformation and structures at scale.
- The future of blockchain: There has been a lot of hype about Bitcoin over the last quarter but the big question remains: is the technology that it is based upon, blockchain, also hype or will it change everything? We examine two contrasting viewpoints.
- New retail experiences: From new forms of QR code to seamlessly linking offline and online retail to pop-up digital shops and mobile supermarkets, we take a look at the latest developments in retail.
To access all of our premium content, including invaluable research, insights, elearning, data and tools, you need to be a subscriber.
Explore our subscription options and get instant access for you, your team and your organisation to a wealth of resources designed to help you achieve excellence in marketing.View our subscription options