This month, Econsultancy’s Digital Transformation Monthly spotlights important innovations in financial services, leisure, ecommerce and retail as well as some notable changes in consumer behaviour.
- Leisure. What are major US restaurant brands, including Subway and McDonald’s, doing to drive customer loyalty and enhance customer experience both on and offline?
- Financial services. Is challenger bank Revolut positioning itself to become the next ‘super app’ through the launch of a new travel booking feature? What does the launch of ‘Stays’ reveal about the finance firm’s ambition to become a future rival for Alipay or Amazon?
- Ecommerce. What can be learned from Crocs’ successful bet on DTC and digital-led brand activations? Meanwhile, latest figures from research company Kantar show that UK online grocery sales have declined for the first time on record. What do these shifts in ordering behaviours reveal about the future shape of post-pandemic grocery ecommerce?
- Automotive. What does Volkswagen’s acceleration towards being a “software-driven mobility company” mean for the industry?
- Consumer insights. New research on search volumes reveals a marked shift of interest away from home and DIY towards fashion and beauty as consumers prepare to socialise.
Read on for analysis of all of these stories and more in our August edition of Digital Transformation Monthly.