At the time of this edition of Digital Transformation Monthly’s publication, retailers in England are reopening their doors after a second lockdown, looking to make up some shortfall in the run up to Christmas.
However, the year has taken its toll on retail group Arcadia, which collapsed into administration at the end of November. Its troubles stem in no small part from its failure to innovate in the digital space.
This month’s Digital Transformation Monthly looks at brands which are seeking to stay ahead in a rapidly changing market with their digital innovations. It covers:
- American Airlines’ mobile app trial which aims to make travel in the age of Covid safer and smoother
- Virtual solutions to trying on make-up, courtesy of Pinterest and L’Oréal Paris
- Waitrose’s plans to take its fresh food counters online and expand delivery slots to serve more online shoppers
- Office workers’ favourite Pret a Manger’s foray into the dinner delivery market
- Norway’s plummeting use of cash during the pandemic.