For this edition of Digital Transformation Monthly, smaller organisations take centre stage, as eBay announces plans to issue loans to small businesses, and HSBC USA launches a multi-currency digital wallet solution aimed at SMEs.
The report also looks at a study by The Economist finding that most organisations were “surprisingly” well prepared for Covid-19, though research by Forbes and digital transformation solutions company UST finds that more than two-fifths (42%) of companies are still in the early stages of digital transformation maturity.
Other stories in this edition of Digital Transformation Monthly include:
- Tesco’s trial of rapid delivery service Whoosh, which aims to deliver goods to the customer’s door in less than 60 minutes
- American Airlines expanding its VeriFLY app to incorporate vaccine documentation
- New AR-enabled try-on tools from Snap that mimic how fabric moves, adopted by luxury fashion retail platform Farfetch
- Expedia hiring top talent from Apple and Verizon as it restructures the business
- Google’s preview of an AI-powered tool that lets users access information about skin conditions based on their pictures.