With much of the UK now under a second lockdown in response to the coronavirus pandemic, this edition of Digital Transformation Monthly covers how high street brands, reliant on footfall, are working to safeguard their businesses.
Those that bolstered their online capabilities and embraced digital innovations have been reaping the benefits, with an increasing number of stores establishing or expanding their click-and-collect networks. These efforts are covered in Digital Transformation Monthly – November 2020, which also covers:
- How UK consumers shopped differently during the first lockdown, according to research by The Very Group
- Cath Kidston’s plans to establish a digital-first presence following administration
- US retail chains’ investment in autonomous stock-checking robots
- Coca-Cola’s ‘pour by phone’ feature, which lets customers pour beverages from Freestyle drinks machines using their phone
- PayPal’s rival to Klarna: a new ‘buy now, pay later’ service that lets customers pay for their purchases in three interest-free instalments.