This edition of Digital Transformation Monthly covers the big moves supermarkets and stores are making to cope with changing consumer behaviours due to the Covid-19 pandemic, including the UK’s Iceland creating more than 3,000 new jobs to keep up with customer demand, and Walmart finally launching its hoped rival to Amazon Prime, Walmart+.
It also looks at innovations in fashion and beauty, with H&M Group brand & Other Stories debuting a cosmetics vending machine in Paris, and luxury brand Burberry creating a virtual fashion show on gaming livestream service Twitch.
Digital Transformation Monthly – October 2020 covers:
- Pret a Manger‘s moves to survive with a new multichannel strategy as its main customers, office workers, remain at home
- Tesco‘s drone deliveries trial, which promises to deliver ‘small baskets’ to customers in 30 to 60 minutes
- Credit Suisse‘s plan to launch an app-only challenger bank, CSX
- Nike‘s continued shift to digital as online sales soar, including its plans to open small, digitally-enabled stores across North America and EMEA
- Ocado‘s traffic reaching its highest level since April in first week working with M&S.