Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
The Digital Transformation: Securing Board Buy-in Best Practice Guide is based on a series of in-depth interviews with a range of senior digital and non-digital marketers, e-Business leaders, Heads of Strategy and Board members. Written by experienced blogger, writer and consultant Neil Perkin, the report aims to identify best practice approaches, techniques and strategies around the theme of securing board level buy-in for digital development projects.
About the report
The research was designed to look into the common issues, themes and challenges associated with securing board buy-in to digital development and specific initiatives. Marketing and digital's influence on corporate strategy and its implementation is increasing, and marketers are spending more time in front of the main boards of their business. The methodology behind the research involved:
- Phase One: desk research to identify relevant issues, examples and models.
- Phase Two: a series of in-depth interviews (seven in total) with a range of senior digital and non-digital marketers, e-Business leaders, Heads of Strategy, and Board members. Interviewees for the research covered sectors as diverse as retail, financial services, property, utilities and FMCG.
The 22 page report contains the latest thinking on securing board buy-in, including sections on challenges, dealing with inertia, legacy systems and silos, and strategies for success.
This is the second best practice guide in a series of reports Econsultancy is producing relating to the topic of digital transformation.
Digital transformation is a journey that's different for every organisation. To enable delivery of your digital vision (or help you shape that vision) we’ve designed a comprehensive approach to tackle your transformation.
Covering everything from strategic operational issues, down to specific marketing functions, we will work with you to achieve digital excellence.
Talk to us about an initial, no-cost consultation.
Contact our Client Services Team on email@example.com or call
+44 (0)20 7269 1450
+65 6809 2088
+1 212 971-0630
Table of contents
- About Econsultancy
- About the author
- Executive Summary
- Aims and methodology of the research
- Challenges to securing board buy-in
- Lack of digital knowledge
- The digital CEO
- Organisational inertia and multichannel complexity
- Legacy systems and silos
- Dealing with the unknown
- Strategies for success
- Understanding your board
- A model for maturity in board buy-in
- The strategic imperative for change
- A customer-centric approach
- The holistic approach
- Working with key stakeholders
- Ditch the jargon
- Utilising test and learn
- The value of prototyping
- Using case studies and data
- Decision making structures
- Celebrating success
- Summary – the board buy-in checklist
- References and further reading
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- Digital Transformation: Securing Board Buy-in Best Practice Guide (611 KB PDF)