Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
There is a newer version of this report available: Real-Time Bidding (RTB) Buyer's Guide
Author: Monica Savut, Econsultancy
Pages: 133 pages
Structure: Market trends and issues; diagram showing RTB ecosystem; SWOT analysis; tips and pitfalls; profiles of 16 DSPs; summary matrix and charts (for comparing suppliers)
The Real-Time Bidding (RTB) Ecosystem map identifying the main players/platforms and their role in facilitating RTB transactions is included in the report and is also available for download separately.
About this guide
This buyer's guide is aimed at those investigating the demand-side platforms market, with a close look at the impact of real-time bidding (RTB) and profiles of 16 leading suppliers. The 133-page report, which has a global focus, contains detailed information about the trends and issues affecting the online display advertising sector, as well as advice about how to find the right DSP.
DSPs help media buyers aggregate, bid on and optimise digital inventory across ad exchanges and yield management platforms, enabling media buyers to reach a specific audience at the impression level, in real time.The guide also includes extensive insight from individuals on the front-line of the display advertising industry.
The report starts with a look at the recent trends in the online display advertising market, as well as an assessment of the DSP sector's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Trends covered in this guide include:
- Advertising budgets are shifting from ad networks to ad exchanges and other automated channels.
- Advertisers are taking more control of their display advertising campaigns.
- Data has become one of the most valuable commodities in the real-time bidding ecosystem.
- There is a fundamental shift in media buying from buying placements to buying audiences.
- Increased adoption of a holistic approach to how media is purchased and managed (including search and display convergence).
- Mobile and video advertising provide new ways of reaching and engaging with users.
Table of contents
- About Econsultancy
- Executive Summary
- The Online Display Advertising Market
- Market value and growth
- Real-time bidding
- Real-time bidding ecosystem
- Demand-side platforms – the buy side
- Supply-side platforms – the sell side
- Market trends
- Advertising dollars are moving to exchanges
- Advertisers take control of their campaigns
- Data plays a crucial role in the new marketplace
- Shift to buying audiences, not placements
- Digital media integration and cross-channel attribution
- Search and display convergence
- Mobile and video – the next big thing?
- The great privacy debate
- Return on investment
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT)
- Costs and Pricing Models
- Tips and Pitfalls
- How to find the right demand-side platform
- Test, test, test
- Distinguish between ‘first generation’ and ‘next generation’ DSPs
- Take a strategic approach
- Market Positioning Charts
- Explanation for Chart 1: Service model
- Explanation for Chart 2: Type of company
- Market positioning overview: Service model
- Market positioning overview: Type of company
- Supplier Matrix
- Supplier Marketplace and Profiles
- Efficient Frontier
- Infectious Media
- Invite Media
- The Media Innovation Group (MIG)
- Rocket Fuel
- The Trade Desk
The 16 DSPs profiled are:
AdBuyer.com, Adnetik, DataXu, Efficient Frontier, Infectious Media, Invite Media, The Media Innovation Group (MIG), MediaMath, mexad, Rocket Fuel, SearchIgnite, StrikeAd, The Trade Desk, Triggit, Turn, XA.net.
Who is this guide for
It is primarily aimed at organisations who are looking for a demand-side platform or are reviewing the capabilities of their current supplier.
The report is also relevant to anyone interested in understanding the current state of the demand-side platforms marketplace. The content of this guide is relevant globally.
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- SAMPLE: Demand-Side Platforms (DSPs) Buyer's Guide (445 KB PDF)
- Demand-Side Platforms (DSPs) Buyer's Guide (1.95 MB PDF)
- Real-Time Bidding (RTB) Ecosystem (1.53 MB PDF)
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification **HRDF Claimable** - Malaysia
- Online Copywriting
- Econsultancy's Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification - Singapore
- Content Marketing for Web, Mobile and Social Media - Singapore
- Fast Track Digital Marketing