This guide has been created to help companies either review their existing ecommerce strategy or create an ecommerce proposition from scratch.
It includes a multitude of practical tips that can be applied to individual aspects of an ecommerce business to maximise results.
The report covers the entire customer journey, from when a user arrives on an ecommerce website, to when they have completed a purchase.
It also covers other important topics such as the role of customer acquisition, and how to think about marketplaces and newer channels, as well as fulfilment capabilities such as logistics and warehousing. However, the focus of the report is on what happens when the customer is on the ecommerce site, including how to project manage, build the site and where to guide the customer when they are on the site.
This report was written by award-winning marketer, trainer and speaker Colin Lewis, and includes contributions from digital strategist Aileen O’Toole and ecommerce consultant Aidan Duffy. It also takes in insights from experts at the ecommerce coalface.
Econsultancy would like to thank the following individuals for their views and contributions to this report:
- Kieron Branagan, CEO, OpenJaw Technologies
- Richard Chapple, Partner, OsbornChapple; Former CMO, Gymshark; Former CEO, The Hut Group
- Ian Cleary, Founder, RazorSocial
- Iztok Franko, Founder, Diggin Travel
- Russell Gould, CEO, Vesta Property
- Claire Hennah, Global Ecommerce Director, Beauty and Personal Care, Unilever
- Amanpreet Johal, Director, Myoutfit.co.uk
- Vincent O’Brien, Ecommerce Director, Crua Outdoors; Founder, Ecommerce Summit
- Emily Ross, Founder, Inkvine Consulting
- Alex Tait, CEO and Founder, Entropy
- Elvedin Velic, ecommerce consultant
- Alan O’Rourke, Interim Chief Marketing Officer and Senior Growth Marketer