Measuring performance is critical to driving success in ecommerce. This report picks out the metrics that matter throughout the ecommerce journey and looks at how testing and optimisation can enable learning.
It is part of Econsultancy’s Ecommerce Best Practice Bundle, which sets out a blueprint for businesses looking to review, update or create their ecommerce proposition amid rapidly shifting competitive, technological, and market contexts.
The report covers:
- Measurement techniques: What are some of the techniques available for capturing ecommerce performance and improving conversion?
- Selecting metrics: What measures matter the most?
- The customer journey: How can a funnel-based measurement plan help businesses identify opportunities and drive awareness, consideration, conversion and retention?
- Testing and optimisation: What are the five key stages of an experimental framework, and how can marketing teams formulate robust hypotheses in order to test and learn?
- Attribution: How can teams ensure they are attributing value to different channels in a meaningful way, and what attribution models can they adopt?