Econsultancy’s Ecommerce Quarterly curates the latest trends, developments and statistics in ecommerce that you need to know about. This edition covers:
- Marketplace growth: Marketplaces now account for more than half of all ecommerce sales, with consumers embracing the opportunity to shop from a multitude of brands under one virtual roof. How are both brands and B2Bs responding to the marketplace opportunity?
- AI in ecommerce: Growth in generative AI use cases continues apace, with significant product launches from Amazon, Shopify and JD.com. What can merchants do to take advantage of the tools available, and what safeguards should brands have in place?
- Global heating: UPS has avoided its first strike in more than 25 years, but the workers’ demand for aircon highlights the impact that global heating is beginning to have not just on the planet but on the bottom line. What are the costs of extreme heat to businesses?
- Green packaging: Consumer priorities around suitable packaging differ around the world, indicating that brands may need to tailor their approach by region. With costs of green packaging also running higher, how can businesses balance the extra cost with environmental responsibility and consumer expectations?
- International markets: With Alibaba launching a new marketplace in Spain, Spanish ecommerce takes the spotlight with an in-depth look at the country’s retail trends and growth sectors.