Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
What you'll learn from this report
- An introduction to the search for an appropriate platform provider
- How to successfuly evaluate your proposed providers
- What requirements should receive special consideration
- Which areas are key to your site's ongoing and continued commercial success
Who is this document aimed at?
The form is primarily aimed at organisations looking for an ecommerce platform solution or reviewing the capabilities of their current technology with a view to replatforming.
It should be used in conjunction with the Ecommerce Platforms Buyer's Guide, which is relevant to anyone interested in understanding the current state of the marketplace and range of platforms.
Those looking for an ecommerce platform and/or integrator should also consult our Ecommerce RFP templates.
Features of the report
This 50+ page document suggests a method of choosing a suitable ecommerce platform provider.
Chris Lofts has worked in ecommerce for the past 14 years, helping companies set up and run transactional websites.
Starting out in the agency sector, where his clients included Halfords, Lakeland, Links of London, TM Lewin and Herbert Smith, for the past seven years, Chris has worked on a freelance basis providing business analysis, project management and consultancy to a range of companies including L’Oreal, TLC Marketing and The Post Office.
Table of contents
- About Econsultancy
- About the author
- Project scope
- Overview and definitions
- Volume forecast
- Responding to this document
- Response checklist
- Who may respond
- Points of contact
- Evaluation Criteria
- Capability versus requirements
- Supplier quality
- Innovation and Development
- Key requirement
- Functional areas
- Category / collection page
- Product listings page
- Product details page
- Wish list
- Basket summary page
- Log in/create an account/guest checkout
- Thank you page
- My account area
- Search engine
- Search results page
- Search engine optimisation
- Triggered emails
- Call centre module
- Content management system (CMS) for unstructured content
- Product information management (PIM) for structured content
- Integration and data extraction
- Project management
- Standards and compliance
- Ongoing Support
- Technical support
- Incident tracking
- Service level guarantee
- Commercial support/relationship
- Code maintenance and co-working
- Source code escrow
- Additional Information Required
- Company profile
- Company information
- Client references
- Client stats
- Confirmation of acceptance of our terms and conditions
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- SAMPLE: Ecommerce Requirements Response Form (661 KB PDF)
- Ecommerce Requirements Response Form (851 KB PDF)