Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
There is a newer version of this report available: Email Marketing Industry Census 2016
The third annual Email Marketing Industry Census, sponsored by Adestra, is based on the largest UK survey of email marketers.
The census looks at the amount and type of email marketing carried out by organisations, the way that email marketing is conducted, issues affecting the industry and the effectiveness of email compared to other digital marketing channels.
More than 1000 respondents took part in the 2009 Census, which took the form of an online survey in January and February 2009.
The report findings are divided into the following sections:
- Approach to email and use of ESPs
- Volume of email, budget and ROI
- Effectiveness and practices
- Deliverability and integration
- Resourcing and governance
The 51-page 2009 census report contains two pages of recommendations to help organisations make the best use of email.
Highlights from the findings include:
- Application Service Providers / Hosted Service is now the most commonly adopted method for email marketing, with nearly half of company email marketers (47%) using this approach.
- More than half of responding organisations (54%) are sending at least 50,000 emails per month.
- The vast majority of respondents (78%) rate email as ‘excellent’ or ‘good’ for ROI, higher than for any other digital marketing channel.
- Significantly fewer marketers than in 2008 say that the lack of skills and training is a barrier to effective email marketing.
You can download a free sample of this report to learn more.
- SAMPLE: Email Marketing Census 2009 (603 KB PDF)
- Email Marketing Census 2009 (1.63 MB PDF)