Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
There is a newer version of this report available: Email Marketing Industry Census 2016
- Andrew Lloyd Gordon, Online Marketing Expert, Speaker and Trainer
- Dave Chaffey, CEO of SmartInsights.com and author of the Econsultancy Best Practice Guide to Email Marketing
- James Gurd, E-commerce Consultant
- Jim Sterne, Founder, Target Marketing
- Louise Colligan, Head of Digital Marketing Solutions, Reed Business Information
- Mark Brownlow, Publisher of Email Marketing Reports and Editor of ‘No Man is an Iland’ blog
- Mark Kelleher, Head of Technology for Marketing & Audiences, Communications & the Archive at BBC
- Morgan Stewart, Co-Founder and CEO, Trendline Interactive
- Stefan Tornquist, US Research Director, Econsultancy
- Steve Kemish, Director, Cyance & Chair of IDM Digital Marketing Council
- Approach to email and use of ESPs
- Volume of email and budget
- Effectiveness and practices
- Social media
- Email marketing focus
- Just over half of companies (51%) are now using an application service provider or a hosted service.
- Significantly more companies are now using automated campaigns compared to last year.
- The proportion of companies sending more than 50,000 emails each month has gradually increased in the last four years.
- The vast majority of responding companies (72%) rate email as 'excellent' or 'good' for return on investment.
- Email and social media activity are managed as two separate channels by almost half of companies (45%).
- SAMPLE: Email Marketing Census 2011 (402 KB PDF)
- Email Marketing Census 2011 (2.4 MB PDF)
- Email Marketing Census 2011 Presentation (5.67 MB Microsoft PowerPoint)