The ninth annual Email Marketing Industry Census, sponsored by Adestra, is based on the largest UK survey of email marketers.
The census looks at the amount and type of email marketing carried out by organisations, the way that email marketing is conducted, issues affecting the industry and the effectiveness of email compared to other digital marketing channels.
With nine years’ worth of data to assess, this provides an unparalleled opportunity to measure the state of the industry and find out how those at the coalface of email marketing are operating. This report looks in detail at the approaches taken and the resources given to email marketing, as well as issues regarding effectiveness, marketing automation, mobile and the future of email.
Over 1,000 respondents took part in the 2015 Census, which took the form of an online survey in January and February 2015.
What you’ll learn
- Find out how a variety of trends around email practices, budgets and opinions have changed over nine years
- Discover other marketers’ opinions on what the future of email will look like
- Benchmark your own practices with the activities of marketers maximising their email activities
- Understand the challenges organisations are facing in improving their email capabilities
Key findings from the report
- Email continues to be among a leading channel for delivering ROI despite decreased spend
- Mobile is firmly in the minds and practices of email marketers
- Segmentation tactics need to evolve beyond ‘basic’ to maximise email in isolation and beyond
- Adoption and improvement in automation is slow and steady
- Making sense of the future of email that will be ‘completed personalised’
The 88-page 2015 census report contains insight and comment from leading experts in the email marketing world and associated digital sectors, including:
- Kath Pay, Director of Customer Success, cloud.IQ
- Andrew Campbell, Managing Director, SixC Ltd
- Tim Watson, Email Marketing Consultant & Founder, Zettasphere
- Jordie Van Rijn, Email Marketing Consultant, eMailMonday
- Stephen Derbyshire, Head of Digital Marketing, CACI
Features of the report
- Approach to email and use of email technology providers
- Volume of email and budget
- Effectiveness and practices
- Marketing automation
- Improving email marketing for the future
- How companies feel about their email provider
You can download a free sample of the report to learn more.