The tenth annual Email Marketing Industry Census, sponsored by Adestra, is based on the largest UK survey of email marketers.
The census looks at the amount and type of email marketing carried out by organisations, the way that email marketing is conducted, issues affecting the industry and the effectiveness of email compared to other digital marketing channels.
With ten years’ worth of data to assess, this provides an unparalleled opportunity to measure the state of the industry and find out how those at the coalface of email marketing are operating.
This report looks in detail at the approaches taken and the resources given to email marketing, as well as issues regarding effectiveness, personalisation, marketing automation, mobile and the future of email.
Over 1,100 respondents took part in the 2016 Census, which took the form of an online survey in February and March 2016.
What you’ll learn
- Find out how a variety of trends around email practices, budgets and opinions have changed over ten years.
- Discover other marketers’ opinions on what the future of email will look like.
- Benchmark your own practices with the activities of marketers maximising their email activities.
- Understand the challenges organisations are facing in improving their email capabilities.
Key findings from the report
- Email again delivers highest ROI ahead of SEO, but is not receiving the budget spend
- Delivering advanced segmentation continues to be a challenge
- Lack of resources impacting a clear strategy for mobile optimisation
- Tactics used for mobile optimisation and increasing complexity
- More work to be done to achieve success in implementing automated email programmes
- Use of third-party email systems increases significantly
- Focus for the future
The 86-page 2016 census report contains insight and comment from leading experts in the email marketing world and associated digital sectors, including:
- Kath Pay, Founder & Senior Consultant, Holistic Email Marketing
- Jordie van Rijn, eCRM and Email Marketing Consultant, eMailMonday
- Tim Watson, Email Marketing Consultant, Zettasphere
Features of the report
- Approach to email
- Email effectiveness
- Place in the organisation
- Marketing automation
- Improving email marketing for the future
You can download a free sample of the report to learn more.