Email communications achieve a higher response rate and greater success when they are delivered in a targeted campaign that uses a strategic combination of segmentation and personalisation, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach.
This report, part of Econsultancy’s bundle of Email Marketing Best Practice Guides, shows marketers how to segment audiences and apply personalisation. The guide also discusses the use of automation, machine learning and generative AI to enhance the execution of these tactics. It covers:
- Segmentation and personalisation: High on marketers’ wish lists of techniques they aspire to execute more effectively, the two are often thought of as interchangeable, but what are the key differences?
- Approaches to segmentation: Audiences can be segmented based on a range of factors and behaviours, from psychographic characteristics to their position in the funnel and even the value they bring to the business. What are the different methods of segmentation that marketers can put into practice?
- Automating communications: Automation can supercharge email marketing, reducing the strain on resources, freeing up valuable time and triggering highly relevant and timely lifecycle communications. How can marketers deploy automation to find efficiencies and improve their targeting?
- Machine learning and AI: These technologies power many of the tools in the marketer’s toolkit, including automation. How can they be harnessed to help deliver personalisation at scale, and what are the new use cases for generative AI in email marketing?
- Data privacy: Data is the bedrock of segmentation and personalisation. How can email marketers navigate the data challenges that have arisen as greater privacy measures are introduced?