Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
There is a newer version of this report available: The EU Cookie Law: A guide to compliance
In March 2012, Econsultancy ran a short poll of more than 700 marketers about the new EU e-Privacy Directive to see how companies are preparing for the new legislation ahead of the May 26 deadline.
The 141-page report contains the results from a short poll, where marketers were asked 10 questions about the new EU cookie legislation.
This freely available report contains the full findings of the survey and documents all the additional comments made by respondents for each question.
The findings look at the proportion of marketers that have read the EU Directive, how well companies understand their options, and the perceived impact of the new laws on the user experience.
The report also contains a wealth of insight through verbatim comments, which have been published in full.
Econsultancy is currently helping a number of European companies navigate the road to compliance, so do contact us if you'd like some help.
(UPDATE, 18 April 2012: Our new best practice guide, The EU Cookie Law: A Guide to Compliance, explains the legislation as far as it affects UK online businesses, sets out some practical steps that you can take towards compliance, and includes examples of how websites can gain users’ consent for setting cookies. Do check it out.)
Table of contents
- About Econsultancy
- Companies who have read the EU e-Privacy Directive
- Date of the new EU cookie law
- Guidance from the UK’s ICO
- Audit of cookie usage
- Understanding which cookies are “strictly necessary"
- Understanding of the user interface options
- Exemption of analytics tracking from Directive
- Understanding of web users about cookies and consent
- Is the EU e-Privacy Directive a good development?
- Sources of information and guidance about the EU e-Privacy Directive
The findings are summarised on our blog here.
Download the free report to find out more now.
- Econsultancy EU e-Privacy Directive survey (1.62 MB PDF)