Thanks to consumers spending more time than ever online, the uniquely low barriers to entry and the wealth of data that digital advertising offers, each year more advertisers dip their toes into digital advertising.
This report is an introduction guide aimed at advertisers who are new to digital. It covers the breadth of the digital advertising industry, as well as providing signposts for readers who want to find out more about this broad topic.
It starts with an overview of the evolution and current status of display, social, search and audio and video advertising online, explaining what each of these types of digital advertising are and how they work. Covering the pricing models and ecosystems, as well as giving visual examples of the buying platforms available, this report gives brands a taste of how digital advertising works.
Econsultancy would like to thank the following people for their contributions to this report:
- Alex Bennett, Head of Marketing, PIB Group (Schemes & Affinities)
- Edward Bray, Head of Programmatic Trading and Sales, The Guardian
- Peter Buckley, Communications Planner, Facebook
- James Chandler, CMO, IAB UK
- Eli Chapman, Senior Vice President of Strategy and Sales, Celtra
- Scott Curtis, Global Head of Digital and Innovation, Spark Foundry
- Graham Field, Head of Digital, Mediacom
- Sille Opstrup, Head of Digital, Connections, Content, Pernod Ricard
- Nicola Spooner, Vice President, Strategy, Unruly
- Marek Wrobel, Head of Media Futures, Havas Media UK