This report identifies common marketing and business problems that research can help solve and provides a practical introduction to the main research tools, techniques and methodologies that can drive faster customer-centric decision-making.
The report looks at:
- The importance and value of research to business success.
- An overview of techniques that marketers can use to gather information and answer questions.
- Practical considerations for collecting and interpreting data.
- The essentials of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Case studies and examples related to marketing, user experience and product development.
Marketing and customer experience professionals recognise the importance of research and insight when it comes to innovation, personalisation and experience design but often marketers and people in other business functions do not always appreciate its value. This report shows how research can be used not only to validate business decisions, but is also a strategic driver to decision making and is an essential part of the marketer’s toolkit.