The Impact of Digital Transformation in the Media and Entertainment Sector report, produced by Econsultancy in partnership with Adobe, explores how companies operating in the M&E sector approach digital marketing, as well as the key trends, opportunities and sector-specific issues shaping their digital strategies.
The research is based on nearly 200 media and entertainment executives based mainly in North America and EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
The research focused exclusively on global media and entertainment companies with over $50 million in annual revenues. Where there are interesting regional differences, we have compared the findings for the US and for EMEA.
You’ll discover data around
- The state of digital marketing practice in the media and entertainment sector
- Digital marketing and technology – where companies are focusing
- Opportunities and priorities for the next 12 months
- Challenges around digital transformation
- The vast majority (97%) of media companies surveyed acknowledge that digital has disrupted their sector, with around two in five (44%) seeing themselves as very much part of this disruption and leading the way.
- More responding organisations describe securing executive support and resources as ‘not a challenge’ (23%) than a ‘huge’ one (14%).
- The media and entertainment sector is not immune to the skills gap, with over a quarter (27%) of those surveyed saying that the ability to utilise technology to its full extent is a ‘key challenge’.
- Agility is a key concern for two-thirds of media companies, with nearly a third (30%) of respondents saying they’re not agile enough to be ‘effective given today’s fast-changing consumer access choices’.
- Three-quarters (74%) of media companies expect the ‘use of data to personalise, segment and deliver unique content experiences’ to be an important trend leading up to 2020.
Table of contents
- About this Report
- Executive Summary
- Foreword by Adobe
- Media and the New Digital Organization
- Decision-Making by the Numbers?
- Building the Digital Mousetrap
- Digital Content – State of the Art
- Digital Audiences Brick by Brick
- Making the Leap
- The Shape of Media in 2020
- Appendix: Respondent Profiles
- Annual revenue
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.