The Insourcing and Outsourcing: Striking the Right Balance for Digital Success report aims to determine some of the key challenges, approaches and also opportunities around the balance between insourcing and outsourcing of digital marketing capability.
Written by experienced blogger, writer and consultant Neil Perkin, the report is based on a survey of more than 100 client-side respondents and a series of in-depth interviews with a range of digital and non-digital marketing practitioners.
About the report
The research set out to understand some of the approaches marketers are using to adapt the balance between insourcing and outsourcing, how that balance has changed over time and is likely to change in the future, and also the key challenges and opportunities that are a part of this key decision-making area. We wanted to understand not only what best practice looks like, but how marketers are adapting to the increasing complexity in potential questions, options and solutions.
The methodology involved three main phases:
- Phase 1: desk research to identify relevant issues, examples and models.
- Phase 2: a series of in-depth interviews with a range of digital and non-digital marketing practitioners, heads of digital & ecommerce, and also suppliers. Sectors covered by this report through the interviews include retail, B2B service provision, publishing, financial services, travel and apparel.
- Phase 3: an online survey of relevant senior staff across a range of organisations and sectors designed to better quantify feedback around some key questions.
The 26-page report contains the latest thinking on insourcing and outsourcing, including sections on key trends, factors in the decision to outsource, challenges and opportunities.
This is the fourth report in a series of reports Econsultancy is producing relating to the topic of digital transformation.
Digital transformation is a journey that’s different for every organisation. To enable delivery of your digital vision (or help you shape that vision) we’ve designed a comprehensive approach to tackle your transformation.
Covering everything from strategic operational issues, down to specific marketing functions, we will work with you to achieve digital excellence.
Talk to us about an initial, no-cost consultation.
Contact our Client Services Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call
- EMEA: +44 (0)20 7269 1450
- APAC: +65 6809 2088
- Americas: +1 212 971-0630
Table of contents
- Executive Summary
- About Econsultancy
- About the author
- Areas of Insourcing and Outsourcing
- By key function
- How has this changed?
- A trend toward insourcing?
- Growth in in-house content capability
- Factors in the Decision to Outsource
- Key criteria in the decision-making process
- Key criteria in the selection of outsourcing partners
- Challenges and Opportunities
- The rise of talent networks
- Consistency in performance and commitment
- Hybrid models
- Global, regional, local
- Generalist and specialist outsourcing partners
- Appendix: Respondent Profiles
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.