This report brings together survey findings and interviews with a wide selection of retail and retail consultancy experts to help marketers in the ecommerce space prepare for one of the most important shopping events of the year – Black Friday.
As we begin thinking about Black Friday 2018, the fundamental question retailers need to be asking themselves is whether such impressive sales figures around the holiday event are translating to profitable results for them, or whether it is shifting the Christmas sales peak to an earlier point in the year.
This report will consider the latest trends and statistics from Black Friday 2017, including directional data from a survey of marketing professionals, and highlight the key issues that retailers should be aware of and briefing their teams on already.
Combined with the outcome of in-depth qualitative interviews with a range of retailers and retail experts, insights will be distilled into actionable, best practice advice for retailers planning for this year’s shopping event.
Econsultancy would like to thank the following people in particular for their contributions to this report:
- Dave Anderson, Digital Performance Expert, Dynatrace
- Melissa Campanelli, Editor in Chief, Total Retail
- Matt Curry, Head of Ecommerce, Lovehoney
- Sarah Dawson, Head of Marketing and Ecommerce, Astrid & Miyu
- Al Keck, Managing Director, Infinity Nation
- Peter Markey, Marketing Director, TSB
- Stuart McMillan, Deputy Head of Ecommerce, Schuh
- Patrick Munden, Global Head of Retail and Marketing, Salmon
- Dominic Starkey, UK Marketing Director, AO.com
- Bhavesh Unadkat, Principal Retail Consultant, Capgemini Consulting
- James Webster, Head of Managed Services, Salmon
- Paul Winsor, Director of Market Development, Retail and Services, Qlik