Marketing automation does more than simply lighten the load of marketers. It enables businesses to carry out actions that would be impossible to accomplish manually, creating gains in efficiency and effectiveness as well as improving the customer experience.
This report provides best practice guidance on implementing marketing automation and building a strategy for adoption. It looks at the benefits it can bring to a company, the pitfalls to avoid and how AI and ML are shaping what the technology might look like in the future. It covers:
- Definitions and applications: Marketing automation has a broad definition and an even broader range of possible applications. How can it help achieve core goals within the wider marketing strategy, and what are some of its potential use cases?
- Benefits to customer and company: From helping organisations optimise customer experiences to improving internal communications and processes, what are some of the key ways in which marketing automation can benefit a business?
- Role in omnichannel marketing: Customer-centric omnichannel marketing is at the heart of many modern marketing strategies. How can marketing automation support joined-up customer experiences and journeys?
- Strategy and adoption: From the research phase to implementation and rollout, what are the key steps for companies looking to integrate marketing automation?
- The future of marketing automation: With AI and ML fuelling advances in marketing, what are some of the forecasted innovations that marketing automation could bring to the industry?