Having the ability to accurately quantify the contribution that a marketing programme or strategy has had upon revenue and profits is the holy grail of marketing measurement. With the amount of money brands are investing in their digital marketing programmes today, it is extremely important that they understand the value of their investment. Yet, as the expert interviews carried out for this report reveal, there remains little industry consensus over the best way to do this, and widely differing approaches and methodologies are in play.
This best practice report seeks to bring clarity to the conundrum of how marketers can be calculating the ROI of their digital marketing investments, within both B2B and B2C industries.
Through insights derived from interviews with senior marketers and industry professionals with seasoned expertise in this field, it will look at the latest trends emerging in ROI within the context of digital marketing and consider the pros and cons of the various approaches, methodologies and frameworks being used. It will also discuss the key challenges marketers face when it comes to putting ROI into practice and how these are overcome. The inclusion of four brand cases studies will also help to bring to light some of the lessons and insights being shared. Econsultancy would like to thank the following experts who contributed to this report:
- Shannon Aronson, SVP, Digital Strategic Consulting, Epsilon
- Raj Balasundaram, VP Solutions and Strategic Services, Emarsys
- Christopher Baldwin, Head of Marketing in Northern Europe, Selligent Marketing Cloud
- Anirban Banerjee, Global Director of Insights and Analytics, Monster
- Simon Baptist, Director, Market Development, EMEA, TUNE
- Peter Bell, Senior Director of Marketing (EMEA), Marketo
- Andrew Bullock, Managing Consultant, Data2Decisions
- Ed Challinor, CEO, Smileworks
- Vaibhav Gardé, Data Scientist, FedEx Services
- Ian Hyde, Head of Paid Media, Ayima
- Ali Little, COO, from GlobalWebIndex
- Steve Lok, Global Head of Martech, The Economist
- Andreas Pouros, CEO, Greenlight
- Chris Rowett, Performance Director, Journey Further
- Edward Smith, Marketing Director, Wowcher
- Michelle Walsh, Chief Operating Officer, VOX Cinemas
To access all of our premium content, including invaluable research, insights, elearning, data and tools, you need to be a subscriber.
Explore our subscription options and get instant access for you, your team and your organisation to a wealth of resources designed to help you achieve excellence in marketing.View our subscription options