Recent years have brought wide-reaching technical and regulatory changes that restrict the way marketers can measure digital marketing effectiveness.
Apple, Google and Mozilla are moving away from the use of third-party cookies on their browsers, while regulations aimed at protecting consumers’ personal data, such as GDPR, are prompting many companies to change the way they use and source customer data.
This guide examines the challenges that will arise due to these technical and regulatory changes, and looks at how marketers can overcome them. Topics covered include:
- How to use different methods for measuring marketing effectiveness that do not rely on third-party cookies
- The growing role of first-party data, as well as publisher and platform data, in understanding customers
- The pros and cons of ID-based measurement tools
- How businesses can take a long view, staying on top of developments and positioning themselves to address measurement issues as they arise
- The future of measuring digital marketing effectiveness, including the challenges brought by the Internet of Things and the opportunities presented by AI.
To access all of our premium content, including invaluable research, insights, elearning, data and tools, you need to be a subscriber.
Explore our subscription options and get instant access for you, your team and your organisation to a wealth of resources designed to help you achieve excellence in marketing.View our subscription options