Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
About this report
Produced in conjunction with Kontagent, a leading mobile customer intelligence solutions provider, this report takes a hard look at how organizations and agencies are responding to the ever-expanding reach and importance of mobile. It draws conclusions from a January 2013 survey of active users in the space: 1,301 representatives from agencies and client-side firms offered frank opinions about their businesses' mobile performance so far and what may change in the future.
Respondents naturally divided into two camps:
- Mobile first businesses – Companies that count mobile as their main funding stream or whose customers or audience(s) primarily access their site(s) via mobile devices, and
- The mobile mainstream – The bulk of respondents whose mobile programs cut across business sectors and company types.
Both groups shared thoughtful responses that provide a fresh view on organizations’ capabilities around mobile analytics and measurement, as well as best practices that lead to highly optimized mobile programs.
- A majority of companies do not have a well-defined mobile strategy or fail to track mobile-specific KPIs.
- Most mainstream mobile programs are not focused on revenue.
- The app ecosystem is firmly rooted and is the main monetization source for many.
- Agencies believe marketing organizations fall short of mobile expectations.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Foreword by Kontagent
- Mobile strategy and goals
- The agency view on mobile
- The mobile experience
- Focus on mobile apps
- Focus on mobile sites
- Focus on mobile and data
- Mobile sopphistication compared
- Appendix of respondent profiles
- SAMPLE: Mobile Sophistication and Strategy (477 KB PDF)
- Mobile Sophistication and Strategy (449 KB PDF)