Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This report is part of the Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice Guide bundle.
This report is part of Econsultancy's Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice Guide and has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed ecommerce practitioners who are at the sharp end of mobile commerce, in order to give you the edge in your mobile design and development activity.
At 200 pages and more than 60,000 words in length, Econsultancy's Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice Guide contains everything you need to know about mobile design and development, dissecting the technical challenges and commercial implications of the key mobile site development options.
This section provides a clear explanation of what mobile-specific website development is and the business implications that you need to be aware of. Written by:
- Tomas Honz, Director of Technology Strategy at Summit
- David Skerrett, Managing Partner at Nimbletank
Table of contents
- Introduction to Our Guides
- About Econsultancy
- Mobile-Specific Website Development
- What does ‘mobile-specific’ mean?
- Commercial implications and challenges
- Evaluating the commercial implication
- Platform considerations
- Design considerations
- Creating page templates
- Technical challenges
- Planning the development
- Mobile site development
- Implementation challenges
- Responsive vs. mobile-specific code base
- Development frameworks
- Development challenges
- Code maintenance
- Summary – key pros and cons
- Key pros
- Key cons
- Mobile-specific site development checklist
- Example sites
- New York Times
- Marks & Spencer
- Ralph Lauren
- Useful Resources
- Lead author
- Expert contributors
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- SAMPLE: Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice (1.08 MB PDF)
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice: Mobile-Specific Website Development (1.2 MB PDF)