Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This report is part of the Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice Guide bundle.
This report is part of Econsultancy's Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice Guide and has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed ecommerce practitioners who are at the sharp end of mobile commerce, in order to give you the edge in your mobile design and development activity.
At 200 pages and more than 60,000 words in length, Econsultancy's Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice Guide contains everything you need to know about mobile design and development, dissecting the technical challenges and commercial implications of the key mobile site development options.
This section looks at the key design requirements and implications for the three mobile development approaches. Written by:
- Justin Taylor, Founder & MD at Graphitas
- Paul Moore, Service Design Lead, Fjord
Table of contents
- Introduction to Our Guides
- About Econsultancy
- UX/UI Design
- Importance of UX/UI skills for mobile
- Touch screen considerations
- How does screen size influence design
- Screwfix – an example of understanding user context
- Device-specific considerations
- Screen size
- Operating system (OS)
- Key design techniques for mobile sites
- Define your site
- Advanced techniques
- Responsive or adaptive
- Key dos and don’ts
- Mobile-specific HTML
- Mobile designer's toolkit
- Browser plugins
- Developer resources
- Examples of good and bad practice
- NHS Direct
- Case study
- An overview of the brief
- Defining the site
- Target audience
- Refine the original list of features
- Wireframing and site concepts
- Evaluating and planning
- Site visuals
- Finished site
- Useful Resources
- Lead author
- Expert contributors
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- SAMPLE: Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice (1.08 MB PDF)
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice: UX/UI Design (3.29 MB PDF)
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice Guide
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice: Responsive Web Design
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice: Adaptive Web Design
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice: Mobile-Specific Website Development
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice: Technical SEO for Mobile Development