The Multichannel Convergence in the Gambling Sector Best Practice Guide, produced in association with IGT, examines how companies can significantly improve their business performance by taking a cross-channel approach to the customer experience and marketing activities.
Multichannel convergence is now a key driver of strategy within most operators, with most business leaders in this sector no longer needing to be sold on the opportunities. However, many organisations are struggling to overcome cultural, technical and data-related barriers to a truly joined-up customer experience and single customer view.
This report gives us a better understanding of how the latest technologies and marketing programmes have been welcomed and assimilated into the wider gaming ecosystem.
Those interested in this sector should also read Econsultancy’s Improving Mobile Casino Performance Report, also produced in partnership with IGT.
What you’ll learn from this research / report
In summary, the report:
- Summarises findings from an exclusive industry survey and in-depth interviews with senior executives from a range of operators in different countries.
- Documents case studies from a range of different companies both within the gambling sector and from other industries such as retail.
- Lists out actionable recommendations which are included throughout the report and collated in a concluding section.
- Enables operators to benchmark themselves with a maturity model for gambling convergence.
- Explains relevant consumer theory and draws on Econsultancy’s body of research relating to digital marketing and ecommerce.
Who should read this report?
This report is focused on identifying best practice approaches, techniques, challenges and opportunities in the context of multichannel and marketing convergence within the gambling sector. This definition incorporates multiple aspects of the sector including sports betting, casino operations, and bingo.
This research is suitable for marketers who wish to identify and commend best practice, to benchmark performance, and to help optimise convergence strategies.
About the authors
Neil Perkin ( http://www.onlydeadfish.co.uk/ ) is a renowned blogger, writer and the founder of Only Dead Fish, a digital and media consultancy that specialises in applying strategic understanding of social and emerging media technologies to help businesses innovate and optimise their effectiveness within the new, networked communications environment.
Neil is a consultant with Econsultancy, a regular keynote speaker across Europe on content strategy, emerging media, digital marketing innovation and social technologies, and writes regularly for FutureLab, Marketing Week, and The Marketing Society among others.
Andrew is a senior research analyst at Econsultancy where he works on producing industry-leading research, briefings and best practice guides for the digital marketing industry, including the Improving Mobile Casino Performance Report. In addition to this, Andrew has helped a broad range of organisations develop their marketing strategies through bespoke research and analysis.
Prior to working at Econsultancy, Andrew worked with start-ups in both London and Seattle with their digital marketing efforts and worked as an independent affiliate marketer.
Table of contents
- Foreword from IGT
- About IGT
- About Econsultancy
- About the author
- Executive Summary
- Defining Convergence
- What do we mean by convergence?
- Why is convergence important?
- Convergence Strategies
- Convergence in gambling
- Account convergence
- Marketing and media convergence
- Adoption of Convergence Practices
- Priorities in convergence
- Challenges and barriers to convergence
- Integrating digital into retail
- A model for maturity in convergence
- References and Further Reading