Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This report is part of the Online Communities bundle.
About this report
Online Communities Part Three: Growing the Community is the third report in a series of four that focus on digital community building. This 17-page guide uncovers how email marketing – the “digital glue” of new media – can be used to grow your community.
The first report in this series, Starting a Community, focused on establishing communities. The second report, Engaging Your Community Across Multiple Platforms, developed on that base and explored ways to engage, grow, and leverage your community.
The third report introduces the use of email marketing to grow and enhance your community. Specifically, the report:
- Dispels the myth that email marketing is dead
- Discusses how email marketing is the digital glue of social media
- Explores ways in which email marketing and social media go together like Batman and Robin to help grow online communities
The author, DJ Waldow, is a marketer, social community manager and frequent blog author who writes from his experience building communities for clients in a variety of industries including retail, travel & tourism, and not-for profit.
Note: Part 4 of the Online Communities series – Leveraging Your Community; Feedback, Support and Sales is coming later in the year, and will dive into ways to take advantage of the online community you’ve worked so hard to build.
Table of contents
- Introduction: Growing Your Community
- Email Marketing is Far From Dead
- The Digital Glue of New Media
- Batman (Email Marketing) and Robin (Social Media)
- How to Use Email Marketing and Social Media to Grow Your Community: Three Tactics
- Social Connecting
- Social Sharing
- Social Promoting
- The missing ingredient (usually) – channel-specific content
- Summary – Community Growth Through Integration of Social and Email
- About Econsultancy
- About our Online Communities Series
- Online Communities Part Three: Growing the Community (827 KB PDF)