Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
There is a newer version of this report available: Measurement and Analytics Report 2016
The third annual Online Measurement and Strategy Report, carried out in association with web analytics consultancy Lynchpin, contains a comprehensive analysis of the web analytics industry and valuable insights into how companies are using both paid-for and free analytics tools.
The research looks at how much companies are currently spending, the type of analytics and business performance tools used, barriers to success ... plus much more.
The 69-page report is based on a survey of more than 600 client-side and supply-side respondents, and follows similar studies carried out in 2008 and 2009.
A 20-slide PowerPoint presentation summarising the key findings is also available for download.
The report findings are divided into the following sections:
- Information requirements
- Business performance and measurement tools
- Google Analytics
- Resourcing and budget
- Online measurement strategy
- Barriers to success
- Companies are investing more in people as well as technology in order to get ‘actionable’ information from their web data.
- Companies are more likely to understand the need for a coherent online measurement strategy. They are consequently deriving more value from online analytics.
- Google Analytics continues to gain ground.
- Online measurement and strategy encompasses much more than just traditional web analytics, including a range of business performance tools.
- The cost of acquiring a lead is still seen as the most important data requirement.
- Lack of budget and resources is the most significant barrier to an effective online measurement strategy.
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- SAMPLE: Online Measurement and Strategy Report 2010 (712 KB PDF)
- Online Measurement and Strategy Report 2010 (3.09 MB PDF)
- Online Measurement and Strategy Presentation 2010 (1.96 MB Microsoft PowerPoint)