Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
There is a newer version of this report available: Checkout Optimization Guide: 70 ways to increase conversion rates
OverviewAuthor: Dr Mike Baxter
Features: 8 Sections of information and advice including Design Patterns, Recommendations and References
About this GuideLooking for the right balance between customer expectation and the retailer's own need to complete a transaction? This special report about the online retail checkout process takes a detailed look at how e-commerce sites can reduce abandonment rates, using real-life examples from top etailer sites (including Amazon, Argos, John Lewis and Tesco). Problems with the checkout process remain the biggest single source of revenue loss for most e-commerce businesses. The report examines checkout best practice in the context of the overall customer journey, drawing on Dr Baxter's expertise in both design and psychology.
- In the Mind of the Customer
- Proposition and Transaction
- The Checkout Process
- Design Patterns for Checkout
- Conclusions and Recommendations
Testimonials“Probably the most comprehensive report I have read on the minefield that is the checkout process – it presents the balance needed between what the customer expects and the retailer wants to complete a transaction.”
David Williams, E-commerce Manager, Charles Tyrwhitt
Related ResourcesOur Online Retail User Experience Benchmarks Guide is one of our best sources for pure user opinion on the retail experience.
- SAMPLE: Online Retail Checkout Report 2007 (458 KB Microsoft Word)
- Online Retail Checkout Report 2007 (7.26 MB Microsoft Word)
- Online Merchandising - Selling in the Digital Age
- Econsultancy Certificate in Digital Marketing & Google AdWords Qualified Individual Certification **HRDF Claimable** - Malaysia
- Psychology for Digital Marketing
- Usability and Persuasion in E-commerce
- Conversion Optimisation - How to Deliver Digital Growth